What is one message you want to share with others? “Family members of those in crisis do not have to go through this (mental illness) alone.”
To read more about Denise Stewart click here to visit our blog.
ABOUT NASHVILLE’S VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH PROGRAM
Nashville’s Volunteer of the Month program celebrates local volunteers. These local residents volunteer for any non-profit or government agency in Metro Nashville, the 14 counties in Middle Tennessee including and surrounding Nashville, Murfreesboro, Franklin and Hendersonville. This is a friendly competition. It is a free program which Doing Good and its media partners provide the community. All ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To nominate someone, call or email Doing Good and say “I nominate (this person) for Nashville’s Volunteer of the Month.” The nominee’s phone or email address will be needed. Doing Good then follows up and asks him/her to answer the following questions.
- Why do you volunteer?
- What have you learned or gained from volunteering that might surprise others?
- Do you have specific causes you are especially passionate about? (Examples of causes: feeding the hungry, music education, conservation, etc.)?
- What do you do when you volunteer?
- What non-profits or government departments you have volunteered for?
- Who benefits from your/organization’s volunteer activities?
- How many people are served by or benefit from your/organization’s volunteer activities?
- What part of Metro Nashville do you live in? This includes all 14 surrounding counties. (Please answer with your city, county, “East Nashville”, “Bellevue”, or something similar.)?
- What else should we know about you? Is there more to your story Doing Good can share?